Saturday, November 12, 2011

January 8, 2011

Saturday . . . only a couple hours of sleep . . . very exhausted and anxious about today.

We get up and I have a few bites of breakfast.  It’s still difficult for me to eat. 

We have to be in Woodbury just before a.m. and meet the officer at the church across from the development where the home is.  We load the plant with the tractor and another one she didn’t even ask for but it was addressed to “Girlfriend and Beissel Family” so I figure I will just give it to her.

We go over to meet the Neighbors and hook up their trailer to the Tahoe.  We wait for my sons to arrive with the trailer to haul Alex’s truck.  When they arrive we all leave and start out down the road.  My phone rings and I do not recognize the number.  Mr. Neighbor says it might be the police so I should answer it . . . so I do.  It’s a police officer.  He says we can just meet him at the home and that they have allowed all of us onto the property to load everything.

We get there and see three police officers at the property.  We back in and start loading everything.  The girlfriends family just threw everything into a big pile in the garage.  I cannot believe how rude they are being.

I give the plants to the officer to take in and explain to him that there were none of the cards she asked for and none that we had received were addressed to her.

I am crying about what I see and very hurt and confused as to why they are treating us like outcasts???  I don’t understand???  The officers tell us that the mattress and box spring are in the house so we can go in and get them.  I’m not sure who did but somene went in with Jeff to get them.  I was then asked about the keys which I had with me.  I was asked to go inside as it was cold out to go through the keys with the girlfriends’ grandfather.  There were at least two police officers there with us. 

As we were going through the keys the girlfriends mother came up to me to tell me that they took Alex’s combination safe to a locksmith to have opened because the girlfriends’ passport and some other things were in the safe. 

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing!  I turned and looked at her and said, “You did what?”  She said it was someone at Harley Davidson and that the safe was probably still there but it would be destroyed as it was no longer usable.   I said, “You had no right!”  And her grandfather said, “Well, you didn’t have the combination did you?”  The mother then says well we wouldn’t lie to you!  I began to cry and crouched down on the floor.  I said,  "I’m not calling you a liar, but you had no right to take my son’s safe, MY SON’s safe and have it open or destroyed without my permission!"  The mother then looks at me and rudely says, “Well, you didn’t include my daughter in any of the funeral arrangements.”  I looked at her and said, "They were not married and definitely NOT engaged!!" And then I walked out.  I threw the remaining keys on the floor of the garage and just sobbed.  I was so angry and distraught.  How dare they do what they did!!

A little while later one of the officers came out to give me Alex’s computer which was released.  I signed for it and it was given to me. 

A moment later another officer came out so see if any of us would like to go in and see where Alex died.  No one did but me.  I had to see where my youngest child died and say a prayer.  Mr. Neighbor did go in with me.  The officer asked the girlfriends family to be in the far corner of the dining room and allow us to do so.

I did notice that the bathroom was not gutted completely to the studs as was told to me by the girlfriends family except for about the bottom 2 feet from the floor.  The tub, toilet, sink and cabinet were gone and part of the subfloor.  The carpeting on the stairs and part of the hallway were also removed.  I did thank them for allowing me to say a prayer where my son died as I walked out.  

We then got ready to leave after everything was loaded.  We however didn’t know if we had everything.  The police officer said to get in touch with him if we did not receive everything.  I shook all the officers’ hands and thanked them for their help and then we left. 

No comments:

Post a Comment